Clarissa Letters 304-334
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Now, Clarissa's covering her bases. She writes to Mrs. Hodges to find out if she knows a Captain Tomlinson.
- Nope, says Mrs. Hodges. At this point Clarissa wants to scream at Lovelace: "You sit upon a throne of lies!"
- Finally, Anna figures out that her letters have been intercepted. She's totally shocked at Clarissa's horrible fate and tells her to nail that sucker in court.
- Uh-oh, Lovelace is in trouble. His aunt and cousin are not too pleased that they were impersonated by prostitutes, and the story is starting to get out.
- Plus, the cousins pay him a visit to really bawl him out.
- Still, he L-O-V-E-S Clarissa. Like, he really wants to marry her now.
- Clarissa is trying to relate the whole gruesome story to Anna via letter, but she keeps getting sick. She can barely write at this point.
- After reading the whole story, Anna writes back. But Clarissa's vanished again!
- Unfortunately, Clarissa's prostitute companions from Mrs. Sinclair's place have come back to bug her.
- They have her arrested as she walks out of church one morning.
- Apparently, Clarissa owes them money. That's a big fat lie, but we'll bet Dorcas started getting a little greedy.
- Belford to the rescue! After Lovelace finds out, he sends his buddy over to take care of the sitch.
Clarissa Letters 304-334 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.