- Now, Clarissa's covering her bases. She writes to Mrs. Hodges to find out if she knows a Captain Tomlinson.
- Nope, says Mrs. Hodges. At this point Clarissa wants to
scream at Lovelace: "You
sit upon a throne of lies!"
- Finally, Anna figures out that her letters have been
intercepted. She's totally shocked at Clarissa's horrible fate and tells her to
nail that sucker in court.
- Uh-oh, Lovelace is in trouble. His aunt and cousin are not
too pleased that they were impersonated by prostitutes, and the story is starting
to get out.
- Plus, the cousins pay him a visit to really bawl him out.
- Still, he L-O-V-E-S Clarissa. Like, he really wants to marry her now.
- Clarissa is trying to relate the whole gruesome story to
Anna via letter, but she keeps getting sick. She can barely write at this
- After reading the whole story, Anna writes back. But
Clarissa's vanished again!
- Unfortunately, Clarissa's prostitute companions from Mrs.
Sinclair's place have come back to bug her.
- They have her arrested as she walks out of church one
- Apparently, Clarissa owes them money. That's a big fat lie,
but we'll bet Dorcas started getting a little greedy.
- Belford to the rescue! After Lovelace finds out, he sends
his buddy over to take care of the sitch.