A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court Chapter 22
Advertisement - Guide continues below
The Holy Fountain
- The Yankee and Company arrive at the monastery by the fountain.
- The old abbot is overjoyed to see the Yankee; the Yankee says he will let Merlin work before stepping in… buying time for his equipment to arrive from Camelot. Sneaky boy, that Yankee.
- Merlin works his magic at the fountain for several days to no effect, and when Hank the Yank checks the fountain he realizes that the alleged curse is actually just an ordinary leak.
- The Yankee meets up with Sandy, who has been canvassing the local hermits.
- The Yankee speaks to the hermits himself, and muses on their bizarre habits, while commenting on how agreeable he finds Sandy (her chattiness notwithstanding).