Advertisement - Guide continues below
- For as long as it takes to eat his food and say his prayers, Crispin behaves himself.
- Having learned nothing from the last time he left the room, though, he then decides to eavesdrop on Bear's meeting downstairs.
- He overhears Bear, John Ball, and the Widow Daventry discussing what sounds an awful lot like rebellion and treason.
- After he sneaks back upstairs, Crispin opens a window and spots a shadowy figure across the street.
- Eventually Crispin falls asleep.
More on Crispin: Cross of Lead