Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Crispin wakes to pealing of church bells.
- They're so loud because it's Market Day in Great Wexly, and people have come from miles around to buy and sell.
- Leaving Bear asleep, Crispin creeps downstairs to the tavern room, which is crowded with all sorts of people and wandering animals.
- At the door, Crispin spies the one-eyed man from Lodgecot, and thinks this is probably not a coincidence.
- He slowly creeps back upstairs and sits down on the steps to guard Bear's room.
More on Crispin: Cross of Lead