Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act 4, Scene 3
Read the full text of Cymbeline Act 4 Scene 3 with a side-by-side translation HERE.
- Back at the palace, Cymbeline asks for a report on his wife. It seems that the Queen became sick after her son left. Cymbeline thinks it's just because Cloten is gone.
- Cymbeline threatens to torture Pisanio in order to get news on Cloten's disappearance. Luckily, a lord steps in and confirms that Pisanio was there with him the day Cloten went missing.
- Fair enough, says Cymbeline, but what should he do about the Roman invasion? With his stepson detained, he's not sure what he should do.
- The counselors tell Cymbeline that he's already ready for war, so he should just go through with it.
- Cymbeline agrees and departs.
- Alone on stage, Pisanio thinks aloud. He says it's weird that he hasn't heard anything from Imogen or from his master. He wrote to Posthumus saying that Imogen was dead, but he hasn't heard back.
More on Cymbeline, King of Britain