Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act 5, Scene 1
Read the full text of Cymbeline Act 5 Scene 1 with a side-by-side translation HERE.
- At the Roman camp, Posthumus enters and talks to a bloody cloth. We're not kidding, folks: he got it from Pisanio as "proof" of Imogen's death.
- Posthumus feels really bad about Imogen's death. He wishes his servant wouldn't have obeyed him.
- Posthumus tells us that he's been roped into fighting against the British because he's a Roman resident.
- Well, forget that: Posthumus doesn't want to live with any regrets, so he swaps out his Roman uniform for a British one. That way, he won't have to fight against his homeland.
- Posthumus hopes he can be strong and valiant on the battlefield.
More on Cymbeline, King of Britain