Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act 5, Scene 2
Read the full text of Cymbeline Act 5 Scene 2 with a side-by-side translation HERE.
- Lucius, Iachimo, and the Roman army enter on one side of the stage; the British army enters on the other. Posthumus follows.
- Iachimo loses his sword to Posthumus (in disguise) and feels guilty about pretending to hook up with Posthumus's girl.
- After Posthumus has left, Iachimo says he feels bad for slandering Imogen's good name. He figures that he is like all Romans—mere mortals—unlike British, who men are gods.
- The battle rages on, and Cymbeline is overtaken.
- It's Belarius, Guiderius, and Arviragus to the rescue. The three men rescue Cymbeline. Then Posthumus enters along with more British peeps.
- Lucius realizes he and the Romans are defeated.
More on Cymbeline, King of Britain