Dancing on the Edge Part 2, Chapter 18
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 2, Chapter 18
- Miracle spends several days in a hospital, but doesn't remember how she got there; her legs are all burned and the nurses think seeing the wounds is preventing her from healing as quickly as she should. Miracle has skin-graft surgery to repair some of the worse burns.
- Gigi comes to visit and tries to convince the doctors that if Miracle comes with her, she'll heal faster; Miracle pretends to be asleep so she doesn't have to deal with her.
- Aunt Casey comes at least three times a day, which is more than Miracle has seen her pretty much her whole life. She tries to talk to Miracle, but Miracle has decided to stop speaking.
- One day, Miss Emmaline comes to visit and tells her that Granddaddy Opal couldn't come visit because he's sick, but he can't wait to see her. Miracle overhears her telling Casey out in the hallway that he is in the hospital for the third time that month after having bypass surgery that wasn't as successful as they hoped it would be.
- Miracle decides that needing people drives them away from her, so she decides to not need Granddaddy Opal anymore.
- Later, a man named Dr. DeAngelis comes to visit her. He tells her that he's a psychologist Casey met through one of her lectures and that he wants to help her deal with the internal wounds that can't heal the same way her legs can.
- Dr. DeAngelis tells her that she's going to be transferred to a special hospital called The Cedars, where she'll go to therapy with him and have group sessions with other teenagers who have similar problems. He tells her that talking about her troubles and finding community will help her heal her emotional scars.
- Dr. DeAngelis can tell Miracle is scared about this, but reassures her that everything will be all right.
Dancing on the Edge Part 2, Chapter 18 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.