Ben Day—January 2, 1985 12:51 p.m.
- Ben leaves a note in Krissi's cubbyhole. "It's Christmas Break and I'm Thinking of You—Guess Who?" (11.1). He signs it with a B. Who could it B?
- Thinking of Diondra, his girlfriend, Ben gets aroused just as the second-grade teacher walks into the room. Awkward.
- The teacher notices Ben trying to hide his banana in his pocket in front of Krissi's cubbyhole, and she turns away.
- Mortified, Ben runs away and thinks about what it would be like to shoot himself.
- Instead, Ben goes to the Compound, an abandoned warehouse where Diondra and all her friends hang out.
- Been has never been there with Diondra before. The other kids there, who are much older than Ben is, wonder why he's there.
- Ben says he was in a fight with Trey Teepano, and that's how he got the cut on his head.
- The others are impressed, because Trey is a scary Satan-worshipper.
- Ben plays along with it to fit in, saying he's even sacrificed a farm animal. Holy cow. They pass him a joint and a beer, and Ben hangs out until Trey shows up.
- When Trey finds out that Ben said they fought, he doesn't correct the story. Ben is surprised that Trey doesn't actually beat him up right then and there.
- Trey tells Ben they can go to Diondra's place. He drives them there, rocking out to Satanic heavy metal the whole way.