- Returning from the jail, Libby wonders if Ben killed his secret girlfriend, Diondra, too.
- When Libby gets home, she finds a letter from Runner. It tells her four things.
- 1) Runner has a cancer.
- 2) Runner knows Ben didn't do it.
- 3) Runner's still a deadbeat: he's hitting Libby up for money.
- 4) Runner spells like a fourth-grader.
- Libby is furious at what a loser her father is, and she chucks her lamp across the room and stomps around kicking the walls and slamming doors.
- Ding-dong. The doorbell interrupts Libby's rage.
- It's Krissi Cates, come to apologize. She lied. About everything. Ben never molested her.
- They kissed once, but that was it. She made the rest up because the child psychologist encouraged her to.
- Krissi starts crying. She wants Libby to forgive her.
- Libby can't tell Krissi that she forgives her. So she just makes her a drink.