Advertisement - Guide continues below
Section 12: The Year 2000, 43rd of April
- Poprishchin says that today is a greatly solemn day. Check out the date of the diary entry—we're not sure we'd use the word "solemn."
- The king of Spain has been found. He, Poprishchin, is the king of Spain!
- He says it came to him in a flash of lightning. How could he ever have thought he was only a titular councillor?
- He now sees everything clearly.
- He says he announced to the housekeeper that he is the king of Spain. She was frightened. Us, too.
- He doesn't go to the office. After all, why should the king of Spain be pushing papers and fixing pens?
More on The Diary of a Madman