The Diary of Anne Frank Wednesday, January 12, 1944
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Wednesday, January 12, 1944
- Anne is experiencing a dance and ballet craze; she’s making dance outfits for herself and practicing steps. Hey, it’s something to do.
- Anne reflects how her mother understands Margot but does not understand her, even though her mother thinks she understands both daughters.
- Anne and Margot’s relationship is improving. According to Anne, it’s because Margot is changing.
- Anne tries to see herself through the eyes of somebody else.
- God has sent her a helper—Peter! And by Peter, she means Peter Schiff, not Peter van Daan—yet. The idea of Peter S. is keeping her spirits up.