- That night, Tris wakes up to see everyone else sleepwalking. She doesn't know what's going on, but she follows and pretends to be just like everyone else. (Oh, peer pressure.)
- The sleepwalkers grab guns, get on a train, and head out to the Abnegation section of the city.
- But on the way, Tris finds Tobias/Four, and, surprise, surprise, he's just as special as she is. He's not sleepwalking, but he's trying to blend in.
- So, the Dauntless army gets to Abnegation quarters and starts killing people.
- Eric is not sleepwalking and contemplates killing Four, so that's when Tris blows her cover by shooting Eric in the foot.
- Tris and Tobias/Four try to get away, though Tris gets shot in the shoulder; and they get caught.
- Yep, this stuff just got real. And fast.