Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Chapter 6
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- A TV set booms on the other side of the door that Isidore stands in front of. When he knocks, it instantly goes silent.
- Isidore introduces himself to the still-shut door—in a manner that betrays the fact that he is not exactly in the habit of introducing himself.
- A petite young woman cracks the door.
- Isidore tries to talk to her about Buster Friendly, but the girl doesn't know who he is—the future equivalent of not knowing Johnny Depp or that girl from Jersey Shore…you know, what's her name?
- He wonders where she came from, but she says it doesn't matter.
- Isidore offers to help the girl unpack, but she says all the stuff was already there when she arrived.
- Never one to quit, Isidore doubles down, offering to help her scavenge some other apartments to help keep the kipple at bay. (For more on kipple, check out our "Symbols, Imagery, Allegory" section.)
- The girl eventually accepts. They'll meet after he gets off work.
- Isidore asks her his name, and she says Rachael Rosen, which surprises Isidore, what with her being part of the Rosen Association head family.
- Then she changes her mind and says it's Pris Stratton.
- Um, okay.