- The Trasks move to Salinas, and as soon as they're all nice and settled, Lee goes to Adam to have a talk. It's time for him to leave and open that bookstore.
- Adam thinks that the boys will be crushed, but they are more concerned with a basketball game and hardly pause to say good-bye.
- So off Lee goes, not promising to write.
- After the game Cal and Aron talk about Lee leaving. Aron bets Cal ten cents that Lee will come back.
- Six days later Aron wins the bet. Lee comes in and just starts fixing up Adam's failures in the kitchen like it's no big deal.
- The truth, says Lee, is that he was lonely.