Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Frederic settles the bill, and gets a carriage to drive them to the train station.
- It’s raining, and when Frederic gets out of the carriage, it starts to take Catherine back to the hospital.
- From the carriage, Catherine motions to him to take shelter from the rain in an alcove.
- Frederic had made arrangements to have a seat saved for him on the train, but an artillery captain gets mad about it and Frederic gives him the seat.
- The train is very crowded and gets even more crowded. Frederic sleeps on the floor. The train stays crowded as they journey toward the front.
More on A Farewell to Arms