- Somehow we're back at the Paper Street house. It's empty and deserted.
- Tyler has a plan. They'll go to the top of the Parker-Morris building and blow it up with them inside. Um, no. We don't think that is a good plan.
- That brings us back to where we started: on top of a building filled with explosives, a gun in our narrator's mouth.
- Now we know that he's holding the gun in his own mouth, because Tyler doesn't actually have a body. He's just in his head.
- Marla shows up, with the entire cancer support group in tow. They want to help.
- But our narrator can only help himself—he pulls the trigger on the gun.