Freak the Mighty Chapter 14
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Cross My Heart and Hope to Die
- Max stays home the next day from school to wait for Freak to get home from the hospital. These guys are definitely besties.
- Freak tells him everything will be okay once he gets his robotic upgrades.
- At this point, it seems like everything is going to be fine, so obviously something really bad is about to happen.
- And it does. At Christmas time.
- Max is in the down under trying unsuccessfully to wrap some Christmas presents when he hears Grim and Gram fighting. That's something he never hears.
- It turns out they're fighting because Grim wants to get a gun. Max's dad—good ol' Killer Kane—has been released on parole.
- Luckily, Grim took out a restraining order. But do you really think that's going to stop someone whose nickname is Killer Kane? Yeah, we don't either.
Freak the Mighty Chapter 14 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.