- The next morning, John gets up early so he can catch Marisol before she leaves.
- The two of them break away from the crowd to talk privately, and he tells her he didn't mean for this to happen and he's sorry.
- She gets it—he can't help his feelings—it's just that he's known from the beginning.
- Marisol wants him to know that he means a lot to her.
- She also wants him to know that she was excited to go to prom and wear a dress for once. She can't explain it, and she doesn't want him to get the wrong idea, but she was happy to be asked.
- He tells her he's going to miss her. She says the same thing back, and then says that she loves him as much as she can.
- After she leaves, John gets ready to meet up with everyone else. He's a little nervous and anxious, but he's ready.