Harry Potter and the Cursed Child What's Up With the Title?
Advertisement - Guide continues below
What's Up With the Title?
Will the Real Cursed Child Please Stand Up?
For the love of Voldemort, we have no idea who the Cursed Child in the title is. But we have a few theories.
Defendant A: Albus Severus Potter.
- The Evidence: This prophecy: "When spares are spared, when time is turned, when unseen children murder their fathers: Then will the Dark Lord return." (3.19.43)
- His legacy: Albus is cursed to live in his own father's shadow. Kid will never get a quality tan.
- His name means he has some huge namesake boots to fill. That's kind of a curse.
Defendant B: Delphi "Diggory"
- The Evidence: Girl is literally Voldemort's child. (Does Voldemort have a last name? Would she actually be Delphini Voldemort? Delphini De Mort? Or would she have her mom's name, Delphini Lestrange?)
- We repeat: she is Voldemort's daughter. You don't get more cursed than that.
- Guys. She's Voldemort's daughter.
Defendant C: Scorpius Malfoy
- The Evidence: Some horse-man tells Harry "there is a black cloud around your son, a dangerous black cloud" (2.5.25)…and Harry takes that to mean Scorpius.
- He's Draco Malfoy's son, and Scorpius himself says, "The Malfoys. The family you can always rely on to make the world a murkier place." (3.3.28)
- He eats candy, and Ginny and Harry Potter seem to hate candy.
Defendant D: Harry Potter
- The Evidence: Harry was a horcrux for Voldemort.
- Feeling guilty about the past makes his son's present very difficult.
- At the end of the play, Harry must watch his own parents get murdered. Again. Seriously, this guy has a cursed life.
Could it be any of these characters? Or someone else entirely? (Neville Longbottom? Craig Bowker Jr.? The Trolley Witch? Daniel Radcliffe?) You be the judge.