Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Act I, Scene 3
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act I, Scene 3
The Hogwarts Express
- Albus and Rose decide that they need to pick their friends carefully.
- As Rose says, "I'm a Granger-Weasley, you're a Potter—everyone will want to be friends with us, we've got the pick of anyone we want" (1.3.8).
- They enter a train compartment occupied by one Scorpius Malfoy.
- He has candy, so everyone should want to be his friend too.
- But no one does…because not only was his father, Draco Malfoy, a Death Eater, but he's also rumored to be Voldemort's son.
- Rose leaves, not wanting to be friends with someone who could call Voldemort "daddy" and mean it.
- But Albus stays. He says it's because of the candy, which the two boys share.