Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act I, Scene 4
- This transition scene shows us a variety of little scenes. Scenelets? Scenettes? Scene Lites?
- The Sorting Hat sorts both Scorpius Malfoy and Albus Potter into Slytherin.
- No, we're not speaking Parseltongue. A Potter just got plopped into Slytherin.
- Not only that, but Albus has trouble getting his broomstick to rise—a euphemism if we've ever heard one—and students tease him as the "Slytherin Squib" (1.4.49).
- Before Albus's second year, Harry encourages him to find a friend. Albus says he has Scorpius. "I know you don't like him but he's all I need" (1.4.69).
- Later, Draco asks Harry a favor: dispel the false rumors of Scorpius' parentage.
- Harry refuses.
- During Albus' third year, Scorpius' mother dies and he asks Albus to accompany him to the funeral.
- Finally, we see Lily Potter sitting under the Sorting Hat.
- After managing to rhyme "Gryffindor" with "Ravenclaw" (Ravenclawr?), the Sorting Hat sorts her into Gryffindor.
- Albus remains the only Potter in Slytherin. We hope he looks good in green.
More on Harry Potter and the Cursed Child