Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act I, Scene 7
Harry and Ginny Potter's House, Albus' Room
- Albus receives a few back-to-school gifts before his fourth term at Hogwarts.
- From Ron: a love potion. Nope, that's not weird at all.
- From his father, Harry Potter: a crusty old blanket.
- Harry explains this blanket is what he was wrapped in as a baby when he was given to the Dursleys.
- Dudley sent it to him after Aunt Petunia died.
- Albus' heart barely warms a degree from this heartwarming gift.
- Albus tries to explain to Harry that he doesn't like Hogwarts the same way Harry did.
- Harry tells Albus, "At least you've got a dad. Because I didn't, okay?" (1.7.39). Very mature.
- Albus says he wishes Harry wasn't his dad, and Harry responds, "Well, there are times I wish you weren't my son" (1.7.43).
- We don't see a "#1 Dad" mug in Harry's future.
- Albus throws the blanket across the room. It knocks over the love potion, which spills all over it.
- It's not enough to get Albus to love his gift.
More on Harry Potter and the Cursed Child