Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Act II, Scene 16
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act II, Scene 16
- Scorpius finds Albus and insists they talk.
- It's an important plot dump, explaining that they changed history.
- When they sabotaged Cedric as Durmstrang boys, Hermione suspected Durmstrang was behind it.
- So she refused to go to the ball with Viktor Krum.
- That led to Ron never getting jealous, which meant they never fell in love.
- Albus thinks they need to go back in time—again—to fix things.
- Scorpius tells Albus to get over his daddy issues, because they're making him a terrible friend.
- Professor McGonagall, using the Marauder's Map, almost finds the boys, but they hide under Albus' invisibility cloak.
- After the scare of almost being found, Albus admits to Scorpius that he doesn't believe he's Voldemort's son because he doesn't think, "Voldemort is capable of having a kind son" (2.16.78).
- That's enough to make them friends again.
- With Albus and Scorpius' friendship re-cemented, they agree to find their way back to the Triwizard Tournament.