Heist Society Chapter 31
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- It's a typical Monday morning at the Henley. Except that seven teens are planning to steal five paintings from the place, of course.
- Gabrielle leads a group of tourists in for an art class in the Impressionist gallery. "Pretend and it will be true" (31.16), she tells herself.
- Meanwhile, the Bagshaws, disguised as furnace repairmen (we're guessing they're wearing costumes rejected from Magic Mike), show up at the Henley. The guards let them in.
- Simon also takes up his station... on the toilet. From atop his, ahem, throne, he's able to remotely monitor all the museum's cameras.
- Outside, Hale's on his phone with Uncle Eddie, who says, "you were right about him" (31.36). Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good. Hale doesn't let this cryptic bit of news stop him, though. He wheels Marcus, who is in a wheelchair, into the museum.
- Inside, Kat watches as Marcus, pretending to be Hale's uncle, pitches a fit in the middle of the museum. Marcus draws the attention of Gregory Wainwright, as he stands up, walks around, and generally causes a scene.
- Now that everything and everyone is in place, the Bagshaws trigger a thick plume of dark smoke that pours out of the vents.
- Gregory Wainwright grabs Hale and Marcus and ushers them out, leaving Marcus's wheelchair behind.
Heist Society Chapter 31 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.