Henry VI Part 2 Act 5, Scene 3
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act 5, Scene 3
Read the full text of Henry VI Part 2 Act 5 Scene 3 with a side-by-side translation HERE.
- On the battlefield, York, his son Richard, and Warwick all agree they've had a good day at battle. They definitely won.
- As they're racking up their kills, Salisbury enters and thanks Richard for saving his life.
- York's heard on the grapevine that Henry has fled to London. He asks Warwick if they should go after him.
- No, says Warwick: they should go before Henry. They'll beat him to London, and everyone will know that York beat Henry on the battlefield—and that they beat Henry to London. We'll beat them to London.
- Warwick says everyone will remember this day. And with that, they're off—triumphant, but ready to fight again in London.