Here Be Monsters! An Adventure Involving Magic, Trolls, and Other Creatures; The Ratbridge Chronicles Volume 1 Chapter 13
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- At the edge of the market, the crowd gets so thick that Arthur and Willbury can't get through. They see a woman standing on a platform in the middle.
- This woman is pretty oddly dressed, with a huge pink wig, an eye-patch, and a weird-looking dress; a bystander identifies her as Madame Froufrou, the fashion guru.
- Madame Froufrou addresses the ladies in the crowd, who are super excited about something. Turns out she has news of the latest fashion trend.
- She pulls out a tiny boxtroll, saying that miniature creatures are the latest trend in Paris. She proceeds to tell everyone to prove that they're fashionably wealthy enough to be worthy of this trend.
- The ladies pull out wads of cash, and Madame Froufrou has her helpers sell miniature pets. The last critters sold are three miniature freshwater sea-cows.
- This makes Willbury and Arthur suspicious, so they try to reach Madame Froufrou (who looks awfully familiar somehow) to talk to her. She flees the scene. Yup—definitely suspicious.