Here Be Monsters! An Adventure Involving Magic, Trolls, and Other Creatures; The Ratbridge Chronicles Volume 1 Chapter 32
Advertisement - Guide continues below
The Man in the Iron Socks
- Arthur's cell in the dungeon is not very comfy (go figure).
- He realizes that there's someone in the cell next to him, which happens to be the boarded-up cell that the underlings seemed scared of earlier.
- A brick is pushed away, to reveal a masked face staring at Arthur; the dude introduces himself as Herbert.
- The cheese-men apparently captured him and put him in iron socks, which prevent him from moving around too quickly or hitting them with his walloper (basically a big hammer).
- They also installed a magnet in the ceiling above his cell, which will drag him to the ceiling and immobilize him if he causes trouble.
- Herbert knows that the cheese guys are capturing and trapping underlings, but not how. They probably have an access route close to the cheese hall, though, since they tend to come back pretty quickly.
- Arthur thinks that if he can tell Grandfather all this, maybe they can come up with a plan.