Here Be Monsters! An Adventure Involving Magic, Trolls, and Other Creatures; The Ratbridge Chronicles Volume 1 Chapter 35
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Up and Under!
- The "boxtrolls" meet up at the city's West Gate to find the tunnel underground, but then they hear that the town guard patrol is on its way. They don't like boxtrolls since they tend to steal stuff.
- Luckily the real boxtrolls know how to handle this: they pull their arms and legs inside their boxes so that they look like inanimate objects. Everyone follows suit, and the guards are fooled.
- However, the guards decide to steal some of the boxes. One comes back with a wagon, and the men begin to load the "boxes" on; when the boxtrolls and humans pop out, the guards faint.
- Everyone uses the wagon as a way to get over the wall more easily, and once they're outside the city's walls, the cabbageheads guide them to the tunnel entrance.
- All the cabbageheads except Titus split off to do their own thing.