- Still worried about her biology assignment (and partly intrigued by an irksome attraction to Patch), Nora calls Patch. He tells her he's busy playing pool, though, and hangs up on her.
- Nora hems and haws about what to do to save her bio grade. She flips a coin, and it lands on the side telling her to drive out to Bo's Arcade where Patch is.
- Patch answers some of Nora's questions truthfully (like where he works—as a busboy at a Mexican restaurant), but others with sarcastic jokes and more flirtations.
- Just before leaving, Nora notices that Patch has a birthmark on the inside of his wrist in nearly the same place that she has a similar mark. Weird.
- Later that night, a noise awakens Nora, and she sees a shadowy figure. This isn't the first time she's felt an intangible presence around her since her father was murdered while shopping in Portland.