If I Stay Chapter 14: 2:48 A.M.
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Chapter 14: 2:48 A.M.
- Real-Mia is out of surgery and stable.
- Willow brings Gran and Gramps to check on her.
- When Willow and Gran leave, Gramps stays behind.
- Gramps tells Mia that if she wants to stop fighting, it's okay. She can.
- Ghost-Mia is glad someone understands how much she has lost.
- Mia has a flashback to when her dad left his punk band.
- It was after Teddy was born, and Dad decided to be responsible.
- Dad's friend, Henry, didn't understand, and was mad at Dad for months.
- Until Henry had a child of his own. Then he understood.
- Someone else took it hard: Gramps.
- Even though he never personally liked his son's music, Gramps always found him to be a talented poet, and he hoped his son would keep writing songs.
- Mia goes home and finds one of her dad's CDs.
- Mia listens to the lyrics of a song called "Waiting for Vengeance."
- The lyrics are about "running out of fight" (14.52) and making a change in life.
- Mia likes the lyrics, and she sings the song with her dad, understanding why he decided to leave his band.
- Mia and her dad play checkers together.
If I Stay Chapter 14: 2:48 A.M. Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.