If I Stay Chapter 2: 8:17 A.M.
By Gayle Forman
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Chapter 2: 8:17 A.M.
- The family piles into the car.
- First, they listen to the news.
- Then, they listen to the classical station.
- Beethoven puts Mia dead to sleep.
- And we mean dead.
- When Mia wakes up, "the car is eviscerated" (2.17).
- And so is Mia's family. They have been in a horrible accident.
- Mia finds her Dad and Mom dead in the car.
- Mia searches for her brother Teddy and finds—herself.
- Confused, Mia realizes she is having an out of body experience.
- Beethoven is still playing on the radio, and ghost-Mia listens to it until the paramedics arrive.
If I Stay Chapter 2: 8:17 A.M. Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.
More on If I Stay Navigation
- Chapter 1: 7:09 A.M.
- Chapter 2: 8:17 A.M.
- Chapter 3: 9:23 A.M.
- Chapter 4: 10:12 A.M.
- Chapter 5: 12:19 P.M.
- Chapter 6: 3:47 P.M.
- Chapter 7: 4:39 P.M.
- Chapter 8: 4:47 P.M.
- Chapter 9: 5:40 P.M.
- Chapter 10: 7:13 P.M.
- Chapter 11: 8:12 P.M.
- Chapter 12: 9:06 P.M.
- Chapter 13: 10:40 P.M.
- Chapter 14: 2:48 A.M.
- Chapter 15: 4:57 A.M.
- Chapter 16: 5:42 A.M.
- Chapter 17: 7:16 A.M.