If I Stay Chapter 8: 4:47 P.M.
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Chapter 8: 4:47 P.M.
- A social worker leads Gran and Gramps to see Mia's unconscious body.
- A nurse with nice fingernails tells the g-'rents to talk to Mia. "Don't you doubt for a second that she can hear you" (8.28), the nurse says. How does she know?
- Mia tells us about her parents.
- The 'rents were married young, and they had Mia the next year, conceiving her by accident at someone else's wedding. They wouldn't call her an accident, though. She was "an experiment" (8.41).
- Unprepared to have kids, Mia's parents still liked her and decided to have another.
- After four years and two miscarriages, Mom suddenly discovered she was pregnant with Teddy, after they'd stopped trying.
- Mia was excited to have a baby brother.
If I Stay Chapter 8: 4:47 P.M. Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.