If I Stay Chapter 9: 5:40 P.M.
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Chapter 9: 5:40 P.M.
- Ghost-Mia eavesdrops on Gran and Gramps.
- Gramps wonders if Mia will want to die to be with her parents.
- But Ghost-Mia hasn't seen her parents. She is all alone in this weird space between life and death.
- Mia realizes that she could choose to die, though. "If I stay. If I live. It's up to me" (9.13). Hey, title shout-out.
- Before she makes any decision, Mia wants to see Adam.
- Halloween flashback.
- Adam dresses up as Mozart, and Mia decides to dress up as a rock chick.
- Mia's mom, a former rock chick, takes Mia thrift-store shopping for the perfect costume.
- Mia feels fierce and sexy, totally unlike her normal self.
- Mia even goes to a concert with Adam after taking her brother trick-or-treating.
- And Halloween-costume-Mia gets into the mosh pit, something introvert-Mia never does.
- After the concert, Mia asks Adam is he likes her more as a rock chick.
- "This is the you I like," Adam says. "You're one of the punkest girls I know, no matter who you listen to or what you wear" (9.93). Aww. Even if she listens to Nickelback?
If I Stay Chapter 9: 5:40 P.M. Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.