Part 1, Chapter 3
- The narrator's name is Hà and she recalls how one of her brothers, Quang, said she looked like a fat baby hippo when she was born.
- Another of her brothers, Vu, imitates Bruce Lee, which scares Hà, while her third brother, Khoi, calls her Mother's Tail, because she is always close behind.
- Basically, they are annoying brothers and she hides their sandals.
- Hà's name means Golden River, which is pretty and refers to where her mother and father used to walk together.
- Her mom tells her that her bros love her, but Hà doesn't care about that and doesn't believe it, though she does love her mom.