Advertisement - Guide continues below
- As the truth serum wears off, Tris is confronted by Christina, who is angry that Tris killed Will.
- Uriah pops up and comforts Tris, saying, "[Y]ou did what you had to do, right?" (13.9)
- Nevertheless, Tris is exhausted. "Everything has spilled out of me" (13.11).
- In the middle of the night, Tris decides to kill herself.
- Tris goes to the interrogation room and climbs into one of the windows. She throws a chair out of the building (we hope no one was standing below), but she can't bring herself to jump out.
- The next morning, she and Tobias fight over the fact that she's been keeping secrets from him.
- Tris calls him out on the fact that he expects her to tell him everything but doesn't feel like he has to tell her anything in return.
- Tris and Tobias walk away from each other. Tris feels like "a space has opened up within me, expanding so rapidly it will break me apart" (13.76). Man, she must have eaten a lot of those beans.