Joseph Andrews Book 2, Chapter 6
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Book 2, Chapter 6
- Talk about gossip. So Leonora gets a little hot and heavy with Bellarmine while he's recovering from his "fatal wound."
- It's all good, because Bellarmine goes straight to Leonora's father to talk marriage terms.
- Oh, yeah: there's the little matter of a dowry. Leonora's dad thinks dowries are extravagant.
- He won't even part with a single shilling.
- Bellarmine says sayonara and leaves without a single care in the world. He writes to Leonora and says that he's just not the one for her.
- Leonora retreats to the house seen earlier from the coach, totally ashamed.
- Oh yeah, and Horatio? That dude is still single and doing completely fine. Bachelorhood suits him.
- Still, Horatio can't help but sigh when Leonora's name is brought up, though.
- The end.