Advertisement - Guide continues below
Be Ye Men of Valor
- A woman enters a smoky café somewhere in Germany.
- She sits at a table with a "pasty […] softly repellant" (1.3) man she knows, as well as his friends, setting her handbag on the floor.
- They make das small talk in German, and order lots of food: Kirschtorte, Pflaumen Streusel, maybe even a toaster strudel delivered.
- The man turns out to be Hitler, and the woman, who is named Ursula, reaches into her handbag, pulls out a revolver, and shoots Der Fuhrer.
- All the men around the table pull out their guns and "darkness fell" (1.14).
More on Life After Life