Advertisement - Guide continues below
- A furniture dealer tells his wife about a couple he just met on the road.
- He recalls meeting Byron, Lena, and her baby who need a ride "down the road."
- He learns that Byron is not the father of the baby, and that the couple is looking for a third man.
- The furniture dealer stops driving for the night, and Lena asks to sleep in the bed of the truck.
- When Byron tries to sleep with her, Lena rejects him and sends him to sleep somewhere else.
- Byron leaves and it doesn't look like he's coming back.
- The next day, Lena and the driver start their journey again. Eventually Byron appears at the side of the road and joins up with Lena once again.
- The strange family heads into Tennessee and Lena remarks that she's traveled more in the past two months than she has in her entire life.
More on Light in August