Advertisement - Guide continues below
one hundred eighteen days after
- "So we gave up" (118after.1). The friends are tired of chasing a ghost, and know they've figured out as much about Alaska's death as they can.
- As one last act of remembrance, the Colonel wants to drive through the place of her death, which Miles agrees to, but Lara and Takumi refuse.
- On the way there, Miles admits that Alaska's death feels pure and the Colonel agrees.
- At the spot, Miles thinks that "Straight and fast. Maybe she just decided at the last second." (118after.15).
- They make it through physically and emotionally, switch drivers, and cry one last time.
More on Looking for Alaska