The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon Chapter 15
By David Grann
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Fawcett is obsessed with El Dorado, a mythical city of gold.
- The rumors of El Dorado date back to the 1500s.
- One particularly nasty conquistador—which is like saying "one particularly narcissistic Kardashian—named Gonzalo Pizarro slaughtered entire tribes in his quest to find El Dorado.
- In 1617, Walter Raleigh thought he was on the trail of El Dorado, but he failed to find it.
- Fawcett researches El Dorado as much as he can, reading accounts of these conquistadors and playing Uncharted on the PS3.
- There is no El Dorado, but Fawcett wonders where these ancient people of the past have gone…at least the ones not murdered by white explorers.
The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon Chapter 15 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.
More on The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon Navigation