Major Pettigrew's Last Stand Chapter 6
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- At the golf club, the Major chats with his friend Alec. Alec's wife, Alma, is on the dance committee, and they are planning the next dance… while Alec tries to stay out of it.
- After golf, the men get roped into the ladies' discussion at the club grill.
- Daisy and her gang decide on an evening in an Indian court as a theme.
- Grace, the only one among them with two brain cells to rub together, suggests they consult Mrs. Ali.
- Grace decides to do it personally, along with the Major, so as not to cause any unintended offense.
- The Major and Alec detach themselves from the women and relocate to the bar. There, they bump into Lord Dagenham, who introduces them to Frank Ferguson, a real estate developer from Jersey.
- The men talk about an upcoming duck shoot on Dagenham's estate, which prompts the Major to mention his pair of Churchills.
- Ferguson would love to see them, but the Major isn't actually invited to the shoot.
- Even though it's not his place to do so, Ferguson invites the Major along.
- When they leave, Alec asks the Major about the guns. The Major insists it shouldn't be any trouble to get the gun from Bertie's widow if he just asks.