Matilda Chapter 12
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- It's Wednesday, and still the first week of school.
- Miss Honey tells her class that the Trunchbull will be sitting in on their class the next day. (She visits each class every week.)
- That means they have to be on their best behavior so that they don't upset the Trunchbull.
- Then Miss Honey tells them to review what they've been studying, so they can impress their visitor.
- Then, their teacher explains that she needs a volunteer to get the Trunchbull's water jug and glass prepared and ready before the Trunchbull arrives.
- What happens next is either super brave or super stupid. Lavender volunteers, because she wants to play a prank on the mean old lady. She sees it as a chance to win herself some glory.
- Lavender thinks really hard after school, and that night she goes to the pond in her family's garden to try and find a newt.
- Although it's not the easiest thing in the world to do, she catches one and puts it in her pencil case.
- Even though she can hardly contain herself, Lavender keeps the newt strictly secret when she brings it to school the next day. We like where this is going.
- Just before the Trunchbull's visit to their class, Lavender gets her water glass and jug and brings them back to the classroom.
- Then she dumps the newt and pond weeds into the jug. From the outside, you'd never know the jug had a newt in it.
- Mission accomplished, Lavender goes back to playing with her classmates.
- We can't wait to see what happens next.
Matilda Chapter 12 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.