The Maze of Bones (The 39 Clues) Chapter 18
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Amy threatens to smash the vial if Jonah comes any closer, so he backs off.
- With Dan and Nellie in tow, they escape the Catacombs... only to run into Uncle Alistair and Irina Spasky.
- Before Irina can lunge at them with her poison-tipped fingernails, the Holts arrive and start throwing crates of ice cream at them.
- Dan and Amy escape into the nearby church and climb to the top of it, where a lightning rod stands.
- To Amy, the vial holds an inert substance that needs to be charged. Hanging on to a lightning rod should do that in no time.
- Lightning strikes, and the vial starts glowing green.
- When Amy climbs back down, she finds that Ian and Natalie Kabra have tied up Dan and poisoned him.
- Ian tells Amy he'll give her the antidote in exchange for that glowing vial she has.
- Amy agrees to the trade. Ian and Natalie take the vial and fly away on a giant kite. It turns out it was all a bluff: Dan wasn't poisoned after all.