My Sister's Keeper Part 1 / Chapter 2
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 1 / Chapter 2
- Campbell takes over the narration from Anna.
- He listens to this thirteen-year-old girl tell him that she wants to sue his parents.
- At first he thinks she's certified nuts-o (there's probably a certificate you can download off the Internet for that), but the more he hears about her, the more he's interested.
- He agrees to take on the case (in exchange for Anna polishing his doorknobs) and file a petition in court for medical emancipation.
- Anna makes fun of Campbell's name (an easy target) and leaves.
- Later, Campbell exits his office with his service dog, Judge. His secretary, Kerri, asks him why he agreed to take the case. "You can't expect a kid to fend for herself" (1.2.65), he says.
- He also says, "It's not my problem" (1.2.66), and returns to his office and locks the door.