My Sister's Keeper Part 2 / Chapter 2
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 2 / Chapter 2
- Sara meets Kate's oncologist, Dr. Harrison Chance, who draws a face on an inflated glove to cheer Kate up.
- Kate begins the long painful process of chemotherapy while Jesse is tested to see if he's a match to be a bone marrow donor.
- Nope—he's not.
- The doctor tries to give Sara hope, but she still worries about Kate's future.
- A week later, Kate has another medical emergency and they have to rush her to the hospital.
- They show Sara Kate's chest X-Ray, and Sara notices the giant tumor in the middle of her daughter's chest.
- The doctor corrects her: "That's Kate's heart" (2.2.89). D'oh. Stick to legal matters, Sara—you went to law school, not med school.
- Later that night, Sara tells Brian she wants another baby.
- No, it's not a line out of Foreplay 101; she wants to do something to make sure that Kate doesn't die…