My Sister's Keeper Part 3 / Chapter 2
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 3 / Chapter 2
- The judge takes Anna into his chambers, where Anna cries and says she can't give Kate a kidney.
- The judge decides to appoint a guardian ad litem to spend two weeks with Anna and give a report.
- Of course, there's the problem that Anna is living with opposing counsel, so Sara is forbidden to talk about the case with her daughter.
- Sara drags Anna home and tries to force her to tell Kate what she just did.
- Brian tries to calm Sara down, but she snaps, "I have one child who's just signed her sister's death sentence, and I'm supposed to cool off?" (3.2.66)
- Kate, hearing the phrase "death sentence" in relation to her, runs to her room.
- Anna flees the house and hides out at a Laundromat, because it smells good.