The Mysteries of Udolpho Volume 2, Chapter 2
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Volume 2, Chapter 2
- The Montonis and Emily are plowing through this journey. The group stops briefly in Turin, but Montoni won't let them rest long.
- Emily notices signs of war everywhere in Milan. Not a pretty sight.
- After leaving Milan, the group spots a band of soldiers. Looks like they're buddies of Montoni's.
- These aren't just any soldiers: they're headed up by the famous captain Utaldo, a.k.a. Montoni's buddy. Utaldo and Montoni chat for a bit before the group heads on.
- Finally, the group gets to Venice. Montoni has a barge (of course he does) that they take along the water to his mansion.
- It's party time in Venice: at Montoni's gorgeous mansion, dancers and musicians frolic about.
- That's right, Emily's going to write another poem to commemorate it. She's nothing if not predictable.