The Mysteries of Udolpho Volume 2, Chapter 4
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Volume 2, Chapter 4
- Luckily, the Quesnels are coming to visit. This should clear things up, right?
- Wrong. Quesnel's really not interested in anything Em has to say. The wedding is on!
- In the middle of all of this madness, Orsino gets himself in some trouble. He hires an assassin to waylay and kill an enemy of his.
- Montoni, being a good buddy, hides Orsino in his house.
- It's the night before the wedding, and Madame Cheron is trying to talk some sense into Emily.
- But Emily still loves Valancourt. She tries to go to sleep, but can't help imagining terrible things.
- Things aren't looking too hot for Em.