The Mysteries of Udolpho Volume 3, Chapter 12
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Volume 3, Chapter 12
- Blanche and Em get to be friends lickety-split, since they're both into exploring castles and the beauty of nature.
- They try to get old Dorothée to spill about the former mistress of the castle, the Marchioness de Villeroi, but the servant is totally tight-lipped.
- Dorothée does mention that Em is the spitting image of the Marchioness, though. Hmmm.
- Du Pont is still as in love with Em as ever, so Em decides to take a little break from the Chateau-le-Blanc. She promises to come back soon, though.
- Em's uncle, Monsieur Quesnel, writes to her, but he doesn't seem to care that she's escaped from the evil Montoni. He also doesn't know if she can get her property back from him. Wah-wah.